From Book Dream to Book Shelf
How to write and market a book in two days
“I love books; each of them seems to me a miracle and the author a magician.”
- Maxim Gorki
Life is unfair! However, you have to power to change it! You can rewrite the script in your life and relive a successful story. Reinvent yourself. Bring out the “artist-in-residence” in you. Be an author and join the hallowed ranks of writers.
- To help you write and publish your book
- To help launch, promote and market your book
- Initiate and promote your personal branding
- Champion and publicize your passion or causes
- Launch your career or business
- Market your products or services
Advantages of Writing Books
- Leave a legacy behind for your loved ones.
- Share your wisdom/technology with others.
- Develop your own intellectual rights.
- Have residual income for the rest of your life. No expiry date.
- Good monthly cash flow.
- High visibility in the marketplace. Attract prospects.
- Make you a “guru” on the subject. Establish credibility.
- Self-actualization. You have not ‘arrived” until you write a book.
- Realize your dream of writing and publishing your own book.
Multiple Sources of Income
- Direct book sales
- Book sales from bookshops
- Talks and workshops
- Licensing rights – other countries, languages and form (audio or video)
- Others – board games, posters, tapes
Michael Lum personally autographs 2 books, From Beggars to Millionaires and Who Broke My Rice Bowl? free of charge for you.
A free mentorship of 13 months will be accorded to every participant.
Facilitator : Michael Lum, B.Acc, M.Com, PhD, ABC True Hero, Master Trainer and Bestselling Author, I Once Wore Diapers, No Failures, Only Success Delayed, Who Broke My Rice Bowl? From Beggars to Millionaires.
Characteristics of Bestsellers
Formula of a bestseller
Ten steps to writing a Successful Book
What are steps to write a book?
How to generate ideas? Tools for creativity. Creativity techniques in writing. Creativity tips.
Using Brain Maps
Rules for Brain Maps. How to do a Brain Map for your book.
The process of writing
Ideal time and place, How to motivate yourself, Finding inspiration, How not to quit, Completing the journey.
Cartoons, Poems, Charts. Graphs, Photographs, Quotes, Interviews
Self-Publishing versus Publishers
Advantages and Disadvantages
The Production Phase
Choosing a printer, Quotations, Design of cover, Application of ISBN, Page layout, Indexing, Editing, Proof reading, Forward, Supervision of printing, Packaging, Delivery, Storage.
The Marketing Phase
Finding a distributor, Makeover, Book Launch, Marketing, Promotion, Publicity, Gimmicks
Lecturettes, Brainstorming, Games, Brain Mapping, Videos, Discussion and Case Studies, Book Samples and Mentoring
Who Must Attend
Executives, intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs who want to make a difference in their lives and an impact in other people’s lives.
“I shall pass through this world but once,
therefore any good thing that I can do
or any kindness that I can show any human being,
let me do it now,
not defer or neglect it,
for I shall not pass this way again.”
- Theodore Dreiser